The Essential Mommy-Muse Toolkit
Are you sometimes scared you’ll never feel like yourself again?
Does how you feel worry or embarrass you?
Discover 11 simple secrets to being a new mother and happy too!
It was such a shock to discover that being a mother was nothing like I had expected. There were times when I really didn’t think I could do it – and now, thanks to your wise support, I know better! – Candace Owens
Guidance for new moms who want to be happy, from one who figured out how . . .
Date: September 19, 2008
From: Christy Harvey, M.A.
Dear New Moms, Friends and Families,
When I first became a mother, I was shocked to discover myself in the midst of an incredibly difficult challenge. There were times when I didn’t know whether I would survive it.
Since then, I have learned that new motherhood is often the most difficult part of a woman’s life. We each do the best we can with the resources we have, and yet sometimes life circumstances can overwhelm our coping skills.
At www.MommyMuse.com, my mother and I provide the very things we wished for when we were new mothers:
- specialized counseling to support mothers through the life-altering challenges of new parenthood
- empowering information gleaned not only from our years of helping others in online and face-to-face therapy, but from our own experiences with baby blues and postpartum depression as well.
As part of our commitment to share what really helps, we are introducing our new e-book:
As you browse further and further through this page, the words traveling gently to your mind, remember when you were anticipating the birth of your baby with joy and enthusiasm, and realize now that vitality and happiness are again totally within your reach . . .
In Chapter 1 (“Be Honest with Yourself”) you will find:
- A 1-minute quiz: are you dealing with postpartum depression?
- Permission to know: how you really doing, physically and emotionally?
In Chapter 2 (“Learn the Basics”) you will find answers:
- Are you normal?
- What are baby blues?
- What is postpartum depression?
- What is postpartum obsessive-compulsive disorder?
- What is postpartum psychosis?
- Should I be concerned about any of these?
In Chapter 3 (“Check-up”) you will learn:
- How to discover what is causing your symptoms.
- How to approach your health care provider.
- Why you need a support person during medical visits.
In Chapter 4 (“Sleep”) discover:
- What is a major key to predicting postpartum depression?
- How to help your baby sleep well at night.
- What if your baby sleeps, but you have insomnia?
- Will alcohol help you sleep?
Chapter 5 (“Eat”) will tell you:
- Why you might crave carbohydrates.
- How you can breastfeed and lose weight too.
- How to keep your energy more consistent.
- What t if you have no time or energy to even think about “cooking right?”
In Chapter 6 (“Move”) find out:
- How can you reduce tension & anxiety, as well as your craving for sweets?
- How much exercise (and what kind) is right for you?
- How in the world can you get some endorphins?
In Chapter 7 (“Space for You”) learn to:
- Appreciate your baby more.
- Improve your self image.
- Give yourself permission to take some time and space for yourself.
- Understand why it’s so important that you do.
In Chapter 8 (“Nurture Yourself”) gain permission to:
- Rediscover what gives you joy in life
- – and understand how much it still matters, not only for you but for your baby.
- Reawaken the authentic you.
Chapter 9 (“Connect”) will give you strategies for:
- Realizing why some mothers withdraw.
- Recognizing whether you have isolated yourself.
- Safely connecting with people who are good for you, even if you would rather not.
Chapter 10 (“Ask for Help”) will help you:
- Understand why some moms never ask for help.
- See through false ideas like, “I shouldn’t need any help after the first 6 weeks.”
- Figure out what kind of help you really need.
- Ask for the kind of help that makes a positive difference.
Chapter 11 (“Trust”) addresses decision-making:
- How are you to navigate the many important choices you need to make daily?
- How should you respond to the advice of friends and family?
- What about the opinions of “experts?”
- How can you truly know what the best choices are for you and for your baby?
While you have been reading about The Essential Mommy-Muse Toolkit, you have likely been gaining hope. Go forward in time to when you have read the e-book and are integrating your new learnings into your daily life.
Think now about the value of gently increasing your emotional and physical vitality, reducing negative emotions and mood changes.
Imagine yourself, little by little, becoming free of exhaustion and depression. You find yourself responding to your baby, your friends, your family with more and more energy and enthusiasm.
How would it be to wake up in the morning with a calmer, quieter, rested mind and body, and be eager for your day? You have a stronger sense of who you are; you are gathering strength at all levels and discovering a new sense of wholeness.
Because you understand, now, you can go forward
to be yourself, a mother, and happy –
all at the same time.
As a new mother, many people expect you to make the most dramatic changes of your life almost instantly-
and to do so while you are exhausted, fragile, anxious, possibly dealing with postpartum depression or baby blues, full of self-doubt, and struggling to live in the twilight zone known as Baby Time.
Since our society fails to acknowledge this reality, family and friends are often confused about what you are supposed to do and feel, and don’t know how best to help you.
One prominent false belief is that by the time a birth mother has her postpartum 6-week checkup, she has managed to complete her adjustment – both physically and emotionally – to motherhood.
Another misconception is that adoptive mothers and stepmothers are likely to feel comfortable and happy in their new role right away, since they are not physically postpartum
In truth, adaptation to motherhood takes 24 months or longer. Each time.
Here are some symptoms familiar to many new mothers:
Here are some symptoms familiar to many new mothers:
- Mood swings
- Frequent tears, weepiness
- Hypersensitivity to criticism
- Difficulty concentrating
- Irregular eating patterns
- Restless sleep patterns
- Decreased sexuality
- Tension within the couple
If you are dealing with any of these, The Essential Mommy-Muse Toolkit: 11 Empowering Keys for Your Journey into Motherhood can help.
Inside, you will receive knowledge that can quickly make a positive difference in how you feel:
- Ideas for gaining support that really helps
- Answers to worries about whether you are normal
- Help reconnecting with the self you want to be
- A strategy for communicating with health care providers
- A plan for reducing tension and anxiety
- Permission to make your own choices
- Guidance on responding to others’ advice
- Reassurance and hope
- and much more . . .
You will also receive, as our gifts to you:
The Exclusive Mommy-Muse Journal Pages
These journal pages (listed below) were created to help you effectively use the Mommy-Muse Toolkit in your daily life. They make it easy for you to stay focused on tracking your progress and reclaiming your life.
Free Bonus Gift #1: “Notes for My Check-up”
- The “Notes for My Check-up” page will help you prepare for an optimal medical assessment.
Free Bonus Gift #2: “Nurture Yourself” page
- The “Nurture Yourself” page can help you explore creative ways to nurture yourself through all your senses.
Free Bonus Gift #3: “Fairy Godmother Wish List”
- The “Fairy Godmother Wish List” is a safe space to write down honestly all the areas in which you could use some extra help.
Free Bonus Gift #4: “Daily Journal”
- This section provides you with prompts for “Honesty,” “Sleep,” “Daily Nurturing,” and “Asking for Help.”
As this page concludes, you will have learned that you have every reason to be hopeful and proactive about your present and future.
And you’ve probably already begun to feel better about your chances for being a new mother and being healthy and happy, too.
That means it’s time to click the order button and submit your order for The Essential Mommy-Muse Toolkit right now.
Christy Harvey, M.A.
P.S. Now that you’re at the end of this page you’re just minutes away from feeling happy that your new e-book is totally available to give you the tools you need to begin transforming your experience.
Think about the value of getting 4 free bonuses that will definitely help you to integrate the knowledge you will be receiving from The Essential Mommy-Muse.com™ Toolkit and make it an active part of your life.