Dance with me and you’ll light up my life! It’s time for my birthday celebration dance party!
You know how birthdays are supposed to be happy? Full of joy, presents and giggles? A blissful combination of radiant loved ones, positive energy and well wishes?
Not always, eh? I’m certain some of you, like me, have experienced intensely painful moments on your “special day.” Emotional catastrophes of various sorts. Enough that you half-wish you could skip it altogether.
Well, two years ago I decided enough is enough!
I declared that something GOOD can reliably happen on my birthday.
And you know what?
Thanks to YOUR help, I started a new pattern of actually ENJOYING my birthdays. So today, let’s bring on the magic again!
Together, WE are going to celebrate and help spread a pattern of empowering birthdays around the world with dance therapy.
Ready to dance?
It’s super simple. Here’s all you need to do:
- Find a song that moves you. It can be wild and raucous, uplifting, peaceful, silly, courageous, meditative, passionate or inspiring. Something that speaks to your soul.
- Choose 30 seconds My favorite form of alchemy!to 5 minutes to give yourself over to music.
- Grab any willing friends or family that are to hand, declare your intention, send me a virtual hug and DANCE or SING or PLAY an instrument or ALL THREE – your choice! I know some of my loves don’t dance….for you, simply immerse yourself in a song.
- Post a link on my Facebook page and/or HERE as a comment on my blog to let me know you joined in our celebration!
Tell me the song you chose, where you were when you celebrated, how many people danced with us, and what FEELINGS you had when you danced. Because feelings are the best part!
- You get bonus points AND extra candles on my cake if you post a pic of your dancing and/or a link to the song you chose so I can click through and groove, too!
THEN, when your birthday rolls around, give all of each of your friends (Ooohh, oooh, Pick me! Pick me!) a chance to reciprocate. Let us dance and celebrate for you and launch you into the next year with great big warm hearts!
With Love and Alchemy,