Are you ready to alchemize your world?
Here are my promised 5 secret steps to turn your weakness into powerful strength.
You probably know by now that I am not the world’s most natural organizer, and that I’ve found ways to successfully work with my 2E tendencies (if you’re reading this, I’ll bet you’ve got some, too!). It delights me to share my favorite step-by-step ways to turn your COMPOST (feel free to substitute any word you want here!) into GOLD.
So turn your attention to one single area of weakness you’d like to transform. Something that drives you CRAZY when you have to navigate it. A genuinely onerous area.
[box] Google definition: on·er·ous
(of a task, duty, or responsibility) involving an amount of effort and difficulty that is oppressively burdensome. “he found his duties increasingly onerous”
synonyms: burdensome, arduous, strenuous, difficult, hard, severe, heavy,[/box]
Sound familiar? I bet it does!
Choose something you’ve done so badly for so long that you’re actually ready to give it a dose of healing. Got it? Go!
1. Give yourself the gift of compassion as you consider the problem you want to solve. Don’t try to force it to change. I’m serious. I’ve tried this about 15 million times and I swear to you: force doesn’t work. Witness the truth of the situation gently.
Bonus tip: Enlisting supportive allies is totally encouraged.
2. Become aware of what it is you’d rather do instead of the challenge in question. Ask yourself:
What do I naturally excel at?
Where does my mind like to play?
What feelings do I have when I am engaging in the flow of the arena I love?
DO hold the feeling in mind that you WANT to have while doing the challenging task. Return to this. There is power here.
3. Allow yourself to begin to opening to creative solutions. Consider there may be a way, even if you don’t know how, to have a better experience succeeding in the area that feels so dang tough. Believe in your capacity to do this.
4. Ask yourself: HAS THERE EVER BEEN AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE? If possible, remember a time when you were successful in this area, however briefly.
If not, allow yourself to imagine a space in the world where you experience ease while accomplishing the goal that’s felt so hard.
Ask yourself: “What might make this current situation a little bit better?”
What resources do you need?
What tools might help?
Brainstorm. Write it all down. Free associate. Don’t filter. I promise even improbable ideas can be incredibly fruitful.
5. CHANGE ONE THING. Try something different based on steps 1 through 4 and see if you get a slightly different result.
And when you do? CONGRATULATE YOURSELF! Give yourself some love, a little extra nourishment. Revel in the fact that you’re successfully shifting a lifelong pattern. THAT’S FREAKIN’ AMAZING!
Now do it again. Build on your success. Keep changing things to better the experience a little at a time. I promise if you keep at it, the changes will add up and you will find freedom you never knew was possible.
Ready to declare your onerous area to transform? Bring it on! You KNOW I’d love to support you in transforming your life.